Fly Fishers at the Crossing logo

Community Service

Community service and charity work in the St Louis area is a main goal of the Flyfishers at the Crossing (FATC).  The FATC is a community of men that have a passion for fly fishing, but we are so much more than that! The FATC is about vital relationships with other men. Relationships that grow in trust and integrity with one another. More than being successful in life, we want to be significant in the lives of others. The FATC serves our community in anyway we can by supporting local organizations like the Scouts, St Louis Children’s hospital, Ronald McDonald House and others. Also by giving to charities such as Casting for Recovery, Project Healing Waters and the Mayfly Project.  We believe in conservation of our land, waterways and fisheries.  Most importantly, taking care of our own members and their families are high on our list. We like to follow the “I am third” principle of God first, others second and I am third. Check out the many community service events and charity work that we participate in. Come join us when we do.

Trip/Events: CITR Trip- Buena Vista, CO

I, Dave Beerbower just returned from a Christ in the Rockies camp in Buena Vista, Colorado. I am sure you have read Sterling Short’s report about his experience with CITR near Fort Collins. If you haven’t read it, make sure to do.I met Mike Haddorff, the leader of CITR at … Read More…

Trips/Events: CITR? What’s that?

Here is both a trip report and an event that many of you can get involved in. Sterling Short participated recently and sends us this special report. Our member, Dave Beerbower, will participate this coming week too. Are you searching for something to fill that “empty hole in your heart”. … Read More…

Service: 8 is Great at the Ronald McDonald House

This was the 8th time over the last 2 years the FATC men have made the meatloaf meal with menu courtesy of Mike Bisaga for the West County Ronald McDonald House.  The three months in between fly by as time moves faster and faster as we all age or so … Read More…

Service: Children’s Hospital Feather Fly Tying Event

On Monday June 19 four volunteers from FATC met up at Children’s Hospital for another fly tying event with the patients at Children’s Hospital.  Allen Blair, Dan Staggenborg, Jim Craig and Steve Baker met up with Melody DeWeese at the security desk on the second floor entrance to Children’s.  After going through … Read More…