Fly Fishers at the Crossing logo

Community Service

Community service and charity work in the St Louis area is a main goal of the Flyfishers at the Crossing (FATC).  The FATC is a community of men that have a passion for fly fishing, but we are so much more than that! The FATC is about vital relationships with other men. Relationships that grow in trust and integrity with one another. More than being successful in life, we want to be significant in the lives of others. The FATC serves our community in anyway we can by supporting local organizations like the Scouts, St Louis Children’s hospital, Ronald McDonald House and others. Also by giving to charities such as Casting for Recovery, Project Healing Waters and the Mayfly Project.  We believe in conservation of our land, waterways and fisheries.  Most importantly, taking care of our own members and their families are high on our list. We like to follow the “I am third” principle of God first, others second and I am third. Check out the many community service events and charity work that we participate in. Come join us when we do.

Service: Altar/FATC Retreat

I am no longer amazed at the power of service. How service strengthens and repairs our hearts, minds, and souls. I saw it repeatedly this past week at the Altar Fly Fishing (AFF) pastor’s retreat as our men served the pastors who came out to Missouri for this fly-fishing retreat. … Read More…

Service: Ronald McDonald House 11/7/23

Happy B-Day Ryan Ryan Young is relatively new to FATC but jumped right in and volunteered on his 50th birthday to help serve dinner at the West County Ronald McDonald House.  He mentioned he wanted to set a good example for his children by doing service for others on his … Read More…

Service: Cub Launch 2023

7 FATC members, Al Harper, Steve Baker, Harold Bates, Vernon Preston, Ken Welter, Jim Craig and Mike Bisaga had the opportunity to participate in the Greater St. Louis Area Council Cub Scout Launch event at Beaumont Scout Reservation. This event is designed to give all new Scouts a chance to experience … Read More…

Service: BJC Children’s Hospital Feather Fly Tying Event

We did it, another very rewarding event at Children’s Hospital.  Thanks to four great FATC volunteers, Bob Palisch, Bret Heath, Jim Craig and myself Steve Baker.  We all met Emily Rothschild, at the security desk at Children’s, and after checking in; she led to the eighth floor Olson Garden.  A very beautiful … Read More…